Information on COVID-19
Jet Medical Center remains focused on caring for our patients by providing high-quality healthcare services when you need them. Our practice is open and continues to see patients for health care needs.
The safety of our patients and visitors remains our top priority, so we are:
- Putting CDC recommended protocols in place to ensure the highest level of prepared coronavirus (COVID-19) prevention
- Ensuring we have necessary supplies and equipment, and appropriate staffing
- Conducting screening questions, so that any symptomatic patient who arrives can be properly masked and immediately isolated to protect our staff and patients
- Following the latest CDC guidelines for testing, which requires a physician assessment and order
Should I still come to my appointment?
Yes, we are open and seeing all previously scheduled patients. Your on-going healthcare needs remain our top priority. If changes in your appointment need to occur, we will contact you.
What about visitors at my appointments?
During this time, we ask that you limit accompanying visitors and attend your appointment alone. The only permitted exceptions will be a single caregiver for a minor patient, or for a patient with a disability or impairment warranting assistance.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
If you have a fever, new cough (within the last two weeks), shortness of breath, or flu-like symptoms, please call our office for guidance on your upcoming appointment.
What can I do to protect myself and others?
Public health officials recommend the following steps to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including influenza and COVID-19:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue
- Practice good hand hygiene by washing your hands often, using either soap and water or alcohol-based hand gel for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Stay Up to Date
Jet Medical Center is closely monitoring COVID-19 in partnership with our local and state health departments, and the CDC.
If you would like additional information on COVID-19, we recommend you access the CDC’s website and resource center to stay informed.