Drug and alcohol abuse constitute a significant problem in the workplace, contributing to low productivity, poor job performance, increased accidents, incidents of theft, and decreased employee morale. Drug-abusing employees acquire 300% higher medical costs [U.S. Chamber of Commerce] and are five times more likely to file a workers’ compensation claim [U.S. Dept. of Justice, DEA].
Jet Medical Center® is both a NIDA-approved collection site for urine drug screenings and an HRS-approved collection site for all State of Florida Drug Free Workplace specimens. Certified Breath Alcohol Technicians are available in our clinics and on-site. We use only SAMSHA Certified Laboratories to process our results.
By implementing a drug-free workplace program, Florida employers may be eligible for premium credit under Florida Statute 440.102. In cases of intoxication or drug use, workers’ compensation coverage may be denied. Random selection and online results available.
Jet Medical Center® encourages drug screen testing and as an employer service, drug screen testing associated with first visit injury care will be at NO CHARGE!
Drug Screen Services we offer:
Drug screens are collected by certified drug screen collectors and Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT) is performed by certified breath alcohol technicians.
- DOT & Non DOT
- Post injury/Post Accident
- Reasonable Suspicion/ For Cause
- Follow up
- Breath Alcohol Testing (BAT)
- Blood Alcohol (BA)
- Hair Collection
- Saliva Testing
The FMCSA requires that employers conduct alcohol tests as soon as practicable following an accident – generally within 2 hours and no later than 8 hours from the time an accident occurred. Drug tests must be administered within 32 hours.
We offer instant drug testing
- Results within minutes: for negative results
- Increased worker productivity: reduces testing time allowing placement of employees into productive positions
- Reduced employment costs: decrease absenteeism due to substance abuse
- Shortened hiring cycle: eliminates 2-3 day delay in hiring prospective employees
- All NON-NEGATIVE results are confirmed within 2-3 working days with laboratory GC/MS testing to further decrease risk of false positives.
- FDA approved
- Specimen collection, drug test and medical review of positive laboratory results all included
5 PANEL TEST
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
- Cocaine Metabolites
10 PANEL TEST (5 panel test +)
We also offer:
- Federally mandated (DOT) testing and DOT required consortium management
- Breath Alcohol Testing (DOT and non-DOT)
- On-site drug screen testing / drug screen collections
Drug Screen Results
Once the decision to drug screen employees is determined, choosing the right facility to collect, process and report your result is equally important. Our Medical Review Officers (MRO’s) will advise you regarding guidelines for dealing with employees who have tested positive. For instant drug screening, we guarantee confidential results in less than 24 hours (negative only, positive results usually require an additional 24 to 48 hours for confirmatory testing). Our computer system assists us in maintaining detailed reporting instructions and employee drug screen results. Results are initially reported by telephone and final, confirmed results are subsequently sent through the mail or by encrypted PDF email.