Jet Medical Center® is pleased to offer immigration physical services. Dr. Choksi is a licensed US Civil Surgeon who has been authorized by USCIS to conduct Immigration Physicals for the Department of Homeland Security. Individuals applying for citizenship or are seeking permanent residency or a Green Card for employment are required to obtain an immigration physical performed by a designated Civil Surgeon prior to approval of their application. The exam results will be recorded on Form I-693 for the applicant to return to the USCIS (INS). The exam process generally takes 1-3 days, depending on whether a tuberculosis test (PPD) is needed. AT JET MEDICAL CENTER®, MOST EVALUATIONS CAN BE COMPLETED IN 2 VISITS.
Our goal is to efficiently and affordably provide immigration physical exam evaluations with appropriate testing in the shortest time. We welcome you to the United States to live the American Dream!
Services & Fees
1. Complete Immigration Physical Examination
The cost of the complete Immigration Physical Examination is $675.00 and includes:
- Physical Examination
- Review of your written vaccination and other health records
- Urine Gonorrhea & Blood Syphilis testing (RPR)- Required for applicants 15 and older, or possibly younger based on the physician’s determination.
- Tuberculin skin testing and interpretation. This is required for applicants 2 and older. This test requires a return visit to the office within 48 – 72 hours after administration. If the test reading is positive, a chest X-ray will be required. The cost of the X-ray, should it be necessary, is not included in the price of the immigration exam but can be performed on site for an additional fee.
- Certified and Sealed I-693 form with a copy for yourself
- Copies of your laboratory testing
- Other vaccinations as required by USCIS / Immigration services are available at an additional cost.
2. Physical Examination Only
If you only require a physical exam the cost is $575.00
Other services that maybe required such as testing for gonorrhea & syphilis, vaccinations, additional certified copies of exams, blood tests for immunization status and testing for tuberculosis are not included in the price of the exam. If vaccinations or further testing are required, they may be obtained here at the time of the exam. Please call us for questions or for pricing. The civil surgeon will answer specific questions as to what is required during the examination.
What To Bring:
- Valid, government issued picture ID such as a valid passport (preferred), driver’s license, green card, or military ID.
- Medical records (translated to English by an official translator, if necessary), including proof of prior treatment for tuberculosis or other infectious disease and prior chest x-rays
- Immunization records (translated to English by an official translator)
- Any mental health records (translated to English by an official translator, if necessary)
- Please plan at least 2-3 hours for this process on the first day and a total of 1-4 days depending on the necessity of PPD skin testing and availability of lab results (Friday and weekend exams may take longer for labs to process). Additional labs may be needed at an additional expense and may require up to 1-2 weeks for a result, depending on the test.
After The Exam
Once the immigration medical examination is completed and all immunizations and/or lab tests have been performed, we will provide you with a certified form I-693 in a sealed envelope to present to the Department of Homeland Security and U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. Turn in the envelope with your immigration application. A copy of your blood tests results and exam will be provided for you to keep after results have been discussed with the doctor. The medical examination will be valid for up to one year after the immigration exam date.
Typically, you will be notified of the results of your lab work (and chest x-ray, if done) within 7-10 days. If you have a health condition requires that medical follow-up, clearance will not be granted until follow-up evaluation is completed. You will be responsible for the cost of any additional medical examinations or treatments required to fulfill the federal health requirements established by USCIS.
While Jet Medical Center® has a bilingual and multilingual staff (English, Spanish), it is your responsibility to both bring a translator specific to your language to the evaluation and to have all of your necessary immunization and medical records translated into English by an official translator.
All components including the physical exam must be paid at the time of your exam. We accept cash, American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover.
Visit the Official US Citizen & Immigration Services website for more information
- Immigration Physical Form I-693
- Further information about vaccine preventable diseases can be found on the CDC website CDC Vaccine List
Immigration Forms may be found at: https://www.uscis.gov/