USCIS (Immigration) Physical Examinations are mandatory for becoming a U.S. Citizen
For many people, the dream of becoming a United States Citizen is a long road that takes dedication. Many try and have a difficult time passing the citizenship test or checking off the requirements for citizenship. Regardless of why an applicant wants to be a citizen, the United States Customs & Immigration Service demands that every aspiring citizen has a physical examination by a qualified doctor.
Why does someone who wants to be a citizen need a physical examination?
- Health-related grounds of inadmissibility: The United States Customs & Immigration Service (USCIS) requires all applicants for permanent residency or citizenship to be examined to ensure that they are in proper health. The medical exam assesses the applicant’s physical and mental health, and screens for communicable diseases, such as tuberculosis and syphilis.
- Preventing the spread of communicable diseases: The medical exam is also important for preventing the spread of communicable diseases in the United States. The exam ensures that individuals who are infected with certain communicable diseases are identified and treated before they are allowed to enter the country or become citizens.
- Protecting the health of the applicant: The medical exam is also important for protecting the health of the applicant. The exam identifies any health conditions that may need treatment or monitoring, such as high blood pressure or diabetes.
- Ensuring that the applicant can work: The medical exam also assesses the applicant’s ability to work. It identifies any physical or mental conditions that may prevent the applicant from performing essential job functions or that may pose a safety risk to themselves or others in the workplace.
- Meeting the requirements of the USCIS: Finally, getting a USCIS physical exam is necessary to meet the requirements of the USCIS. Without a valid medical exam, an applicant may not be able to apply for permanent residency or citizenship. Therefore, getting a USCIS physical exam is an important step in the naturalization process.
If you or members of your business team need a USCIS immigration physical, our team can help. Call us, click on Contact Us, or email us and put our experience to work for you. We offer multiple services as part of your USCIS (Immigration) physical, and most evaluations can be completed in two visits. Visit our Immigration Physical (USCIS) page for more information.
Who is Jet Medical Center®?
Jet Medical Center® is a leading provider of occupational medicine services in the Tallahassee area. We develop, with our client partners, a customized health care plan to fit your companies needs today and into the future.
Our experienced staff of clinicians provide excellent medical care and understand the Worker’s Compensation system and its impact on your company’s financial health. Your employees will have less downtime with less complications reducing overall medical costs.