Investing in the Health of Your Team and Minimizing Callouts
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, 7.8 million employees missed work in January 2022 due to illness, injury, medical appointments, or medical problems. That equates to a massive amount of lost time, lost employee wages, and lost productivity for the respective employing businesses.
Imagine if it were possible to minimize the number of teammates calling out sick. How much money would your business save? Investing in employee health promotion can have a significant return on investment for business.
What are some simple ways to help minimize callouts from teammates?
- Employee Physical Exams – before a new teammate begins work, or once each year, he or she can see a board-certified physician for input on their medical status. Exams like these can detect injuries or potential health issues before they become a problem.
- Fitness for Duty Exams – before a teammate begins a high-stress position or enters a new line of work, a physician can examine their health status and advise the teammate of any potential stressors or negative health effects.
- Flu Shots – the flu is an annual problem for businesses and teammates. No business wants their teammates to get the flu, and no teammate wants to go down with the awful effects of this virus. Each year, the medical community develops a vaccine that anticipates what the flu will be like and attempts to fight the virus. The vaccine is delivered in a small shot that can be given quickly and discreetly. This shot is usually covered by health insurance and is a quick and easy way to fight seasonal illness.
- Medical Surveillance Management – There is no substitute for a doctor’s care. A physician can predict and care for some issues at the job site or repeated illnesses. A trained medical provider can see patterns and detect illnesses that affect teams of people in an industry. The doctor’s experience, especially a physician trained in occupational medicine, is invaluable in detecting and treating problematic illnesses and injuries.
- On-site Services – when a problem or illness is concentrated in the workplace, sometimes the doctor needs to be at the job site where an issue is occurring. Having a doctor that can come to the job site and see firsthand what is happening is a valuable resource.
Can your business and your team benefit from an occupational medical clinic that is run by a board-certified physician that offers onsite services Can your business and your team benefit from an occupational medical clinic that is run by a board-certified physician? Call, email, or select “Contact Us” and tell us how we can help.
Who is Jet Medical Center®?
Jet Medical Center® is a leading provider of occupational medicine services in the Tallahassee area. We develop, with our client partners, a customized healthcare plan to fit your company’s needs today and into the future.
Our experienced staff of clinicians provide excellent medical care and understand the Worker’s Compensation system and its impact on your company’s financial health. Your employees will have less downtime with less complications reducing overall medical costs.